Eat hot spicy food to overcome the winter blues. And I’m right here with my own way using the left over rice.
Rice mixed with numerous colorful vegetables and flavored with the spices, is a great amalgamation to enrich the multiple flavors and is an energy booster. Adding lots of vegetables to add fibre and to stay satisfied with healthier food.
You might just like to add the butter over the hot rice oozing out making it even yummier!
It's indeed a perfect in winter’s recipe!
So don’t be bored or suffer from the grey clouds or the lack of light in this winter, pick your own basket of favorite flavors of the vegetables, give a burst of energy and zing on your own to cook this very easy recipe.
Enjoy! This fried rice is delightfully delicious, will warm you up in winters.
Ingredients for making fried Rice:
- Rice (cooked) - 2 cups
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Capsicum Finely Chopped - 50gms
- Carrot Finely Chopped - 2 Nos
- Peas – 50gms (1/2 cup)
- Onion Sliced - 1No.
- Cabbage Finely Chopped - 100 gms
- Green Chilies fine chopped - 2-3 Nos.
- Ginger Chopped Finely - 1 tsp
- Garlic Finely Chopped – 5-6 flakes
- Red chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
- Sugar- ½ teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Worchester sauce – 1 tsp.
- Oyster sauce – 1 tsp.
Method of making fried Rice:
- Heat the pan, add the cumin seeds, cinnamon stick and black pepper. Roast them for a minute and then crush them into powder and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan. Fry carrots and capsicum.
- Add peas and stir well. Keep the high flame.
- Now add onion, ginger, garlic and green chilies, stir well.
- Keep stirring and now add the spring onion, on medium heat.
- Add the sugar and salt simmer for a minute.
- Add the crushed powder and stir well the vegetables.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder, simmer for 2 minute.
- Mix in the sauces in to the vegetables.
- Add the boiled rice into the mix of the vegetables and stir continuously till well set.
- On the slow heat cover the pan let it set (for about 2 min).
- Delicious spicy fried smoky rice is read. Serve hot.
- The soya sauce is alternative for Worchester and oyster sauce. However, its really fun to have different sauces at home to add and create a change in flavors. Trust me oyster sauce is fabulous!
- You can add shredded cabbage also, simply any vegetable, even paneer chunks or omelet pieces. Enrich your dish with more nutritious.
- Cooked rice could be your let-over rice…So what are you waiting for, make the best use of them to relish your tastes.
- Add the ajinomoto salt to enhance the flavors.
- Deseed the green chilles, to avoid the sting hot flavor.
- Keeping the half cooked vegetables only enrich the nutrient of the food.
~ Hope you liked the recipe, so do try at home and let me know how was your recipe!!
~ Enjoy your Winters:)