Have you ever thought why Popeye ate spinach so much? Why mom pressurize to eat green vegetable and specially spinach? A simple reason is that spinach is extremely rich Vitamin K, A, C, B1, B2, B3, B6, K and all the major minerals. Hence for all my friends, today I choose a dish of spinach that is "Palak Paneer" of Indian Cuisine .
Palak paneer is not an easy dish to prepare but if one goes throught the step by step procedure given below, will surely find it interesting and systemetic to make it. Prepare the delicious dish and enjoying cooking.
So before I start with the recipe lets know a bit of the history of very green spinach." Spinach is thought to have originated in ancient Persia (Iran). Spinach made its way to China in the 7th century when the king of Nepal sent it as a gift to this country. Spinach has a much more recent history in Europe than many other vegetables. It was only brought to that continent in the 11th century, when the Moors introduced it into Spain. In fact, for a while, spinach was known as "the Spanish vegetable" in England.
Spinach was the favorite vegetable of Catherine de Medici, a historical figure in the 16th century. When she left her home of Florence, Italy, to marry the king of France, she brought along her own cooks, who could prepare spinach the ways that she especially liked. Since this time, dishes prepared on a bed of spinach are referred to as "a la Florentine."
Spinach grows well in temperate climates. Today, the United States and the Netherlands are among the largest commercial producers of spinach. " (internet info)
Note: This receipe is for 2 pax.
- 3 bunches of Palak
- 1 Onion (chopped finely)
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 3 Green Chillies
- 2 tbsp Cream
- 500 gms of diced paneer
- 1 big Tomatoes (chopped finely)
- Take cottage cheese (Paneer) and cut into small cubes.
- Take a pan, heat oil and fry the paneer till golden brown.
- Drain out paneer from the oil and soak it into the cold water.
- Now clean and wash spinach(palak) nicely.
- Coarsely chop the spinach.
- Blanch the spinach in hot water for 2-3 minutes.
- Cool and grind to a fine paste.
- Take oil on the pan and heat it. Add the cumin seeds and fry till brown .
- Then add the finely chopped onion to fry. Let it turn pink and add ginger garlic paste.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes with green chillies and heat for sometime.
- Cook for sometime and add the cubes of water soaked paneer. Add salt
- Stir and cool for 5minuted.. Cook for 5 mins.
- Before serving sprinkle some cottage cheese over it (optional).
- Serve hot with Parathas or Naans/ bread or steamed rice.
Palak Paneer (Spinach & Cottage Cheese), is an easy preparation so go green and feel healthy.
"I write the blog
I need to but because
I want to."
Hope you liked our article. Don't forget to share your view or link to us. Thanks!