For two Pax:
- 250gms - Mutter (green peas)
- 300gms - Paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1 - medium onions (fine chopped)
- 6 - cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 green chilies (chopped)
- 150gms - tomatoes (chopped)
- Salt To Taste curd / plain yogurt (optional)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder (to taste)
- 1/2 tbsp jeera (cumin seeds)
- 3-4 black pepper seeds (optional)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup ghee / vegetable oil
- Garam masala powder (optional)
- Take the water in a small pan, add sugar and boil the peas for few minutes.
- Take Paneer and cut into small cubes .
- Heat oil and fry the paneer cubes till golden brown.
- Take the fried paneer cubes out and dip it into the cold water. Leave it to get cold.
- Take the same pan in which the paneer was fried. Heat the oil.
- Add cumin seeds & black pepper seeds into the oil and let it pop a bit.
- Now add chopped onion and fry till gloden brown.
- Add the crushed garlic and grated ginger and fry on medium head.
- When they turn brown add tomatoes and fine chopped green chilles.
- Let the tomatoes be well cooked as they turn up to soft and tender.
- Now add all the remaining spicies, i.e. coriender powder, red chilli powder, turmeric with little water and salt to taste. Cook till the oil gets separated from the gravy.
- Add curd & stir it for 2-3 minutes over low heat. Curd add the richness in the gravy.
- Now add the boiled peas and the paneer which was soaked into the water.
- Mix it well and sprinkle the garam masala. Then according to the need of the gravy add the water.
- Let it simmer gently for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve hot with chapati/bread or steamed white rice.
- Green peas can be fresh or packed.
- Curd is optional. But it adds the richness and different flavour to the gravy.
- Ginger garlic Paste can be used.
- To cook quickly blanch and puree the tomatoes.
- Garam Masala again adds an Indian flavour to the gravy but its optional.
Enjoy Good Food and Good life..!
"I write the blog
I need to but because
I want to."
Hope you liked our article. Don't forget to share your view or link to us. Thanks!