Few days back, I made Khichiri, the rice preparation which takes no time to prepare. Here is one more rice-preparation, the Chicken Biryani which is quite a lengthy process but totally worth. This makes the perfect one-dish meal which is aromatic delicious and fabulous dish.
Biryani, is a Mughlai dish where the rice is cooked separately from the other ingredients.The par boiled rice, which is then assembled with the other ingredients, sealed and put on "dum" (put on a very low heat, so that all the flavors inside the pot amalgamate well) for some time.
The good quality of basmati rice used gives the best flavor and appearance. The key to making a good biryani lies in the way you par boil the rice. Never over cook the rice. Most expensive spice used is the saffron. For me the fresh mint leaves creates the magic, for you, any of your favorite other spice can do. Try making it for your loved ones.
Believe me, Making yourself the Biryani and eating it will surely be the most cherishing experience of your life.This recipe will easily serve 2pax.
So lets us begin.
- Chicken – 1 Boneless Breast, 2 drum-sticks
- Basmati rice – 2 Cups
- Onions - 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Ginger and Garlic paste - 2 tablespoon
- Red Chili Powder – 3 tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder- 2 tablespoon
- Coriander Powder – 3 tablespoon
- Bay Leaves - 3-4 Nos.
- Cloves – 4-5Nos.
- Cinnamon Sticks- 2 cm long
- Green Cardamom Pods- 3 or 4 Nos.
- Black Cardamom Pods- 2Nos
- Cumin – 1- 2 teaspoon
- Mace – 2 (full-mace strands).
- Cashew nuts - 10-12Nos.
- Raisins- 10-15 Nos.
- Mint Leaves – 1cup
- Garam Masala Powder - 2 teaspoon
- Salt - (according to taste)
- Ghee (clarified butter) – 3 tablespoon
- Curd - ½ cup
- Oil – 5 Tablespoon
- Saffron - few strands
For your convenience, the whole recipe of Chicken Biryani is divided into major 4 procedures with picture illustration which is as follows:-
- Marinating the Chicken,for making Biryani.
- Preparation of the Rice for making Biryani.
- Mixing the two sums of ingredients two (1, 2) above,and named as mentioned Making of Biryani
- Garnishing, the Biryani.
- Chicken- 1 Boneless Breast, 2 drum-sticks.
- Ginger and Garlic paste- 1 tablespoon.
- Red Chili Powder- 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder- 1teaspoon
- Coriander Powder- 2 teaspoon
- Garam-Masala Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Cloves - 3 Nos.
- Cumin – 1teaspoon
- Mace – 1 full-mace strands.
- Salt- 1½ teaspoon
- Oil – 1tablespoon
- Curd - ½ cup
- Take the chicken breast and cut into small pieces. Make cuts on the leg-piece(drum-stick).
- In a bowl and mix all the ingredients and spicies with the chicken, cover it and keep aside for 1 hour for marinating.
Ingredients from the above mentioned main list, for Rice Preparation:
- Ones the water starts boiling, add the Soaked Rice. Cook the rice only half done.
- When rice is half done, remove it from the heat and strain and keep them aside.
- Now over the rice add the remaining chicken, which was taken aside. Spread on the rice nicely.