17 May, 2012

Some Tough Decisions

"Nothing pains some people more than having to think."
- Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929 - 1968), American Clergyman and Activist


The picture below is contributed by very talented photographer 'Sandeep Rathod'! Do check his awesome unique art of photography by clicking on his name below.
*For the picture below ALL RIGHTS RESERVED so Kindly do not copy it in any case!
© Sandeep Rathod Photography






I thought people are successful because they struggled and persistently worked hard.
But they keep coming to me saying that they have made so many compromises in their life to be successful or be at this top of the pyramid structure. Honestly, not being rude but I don't get them at all. I wonder are they trying to tell me that they have made too many compromises in life, or they wanted me to notice that they are quite successful right now in their life or they are simply putting light on the compromise section of their life and overshadowing their success.


Whatever they mean in real, I being truly empathetic only comprehend that though being on top people still regret of making certain decision in life which they call it as compromise. Our human emotions are built in such a way that we like to sob and still state that we are successful. It's funny to be identified as a martyred hero for the decisions we take.


Lets not get down, discussing whose phase in life have been more difficult. Each one us have our own share of tough time to deal with.


I have also made few decisions in my life which were tough for me to take. Yet those tough choices I made are not the compromises. They are neither settlements nor were any kind of sacrifices. They were tough decisions to shape up the current reality then, based on the circumstances which were not in control at that point. Perhaps circumstance can never be controlled, and we often deny completely to understand this simple fact.


Some decisions were for, "firmness of purpose"; some for only a "sense of purpose"; some were "resolution"; and some decisions were simply "conclusions".


There is a series of priorities in one's life and we need to list them, scroll them to and fro, rank it and perhaps implement them in life. That what is life and that what we are made up of the progression of integrated priority. Warm up have a flexible approach and keep exercising it to excel further.


I heartily respect and appreciate when people say their life is quite eventful. There are chapters in the book of life. Some chapters interests people and some grab only our attention in simple little stanzas.


Some choices we make for people around and some decisions we take for thyself! Perhaps, still if you call your decisions a sacrifice since they were taken for other's sake, then sure those sacrifices at the end made you only stronger.


Let's, "give thought to"; "give priority to"; "pay attention to"; "be devoted to" ; "be dedicated to" be the words chosen by you when you are admitting that you were made alone by the choices you created in life.


Reflect on your past decisions, good or bad, easy or tough, learn from the mistakes made and never forget to celebrate on your triumph too as "Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from making bad decisions." - Mark Twain. Pat your back for being strong and sailing away calmly during the hurricanes of life. Cherish your decisions!


What I have learnt in life is that,
What we are today, are not the compromises or sacrifices we made in life.
We are the product of passion in priorities we make to enrich our as well as other's life. Indeed, you are only growing and evolving in your life with your tough decisions.

6 comments:

  1. Well said Rachana.. "It is very true that we are the product of passion in priorities, we make to enrich our as well as other's life. Indeed, we are only growing and evolving in our life."

    What made you to write this post? If you wish share with me please....

    "Some chapters interests people and some grab only our attention in simple little stanzas." - I agree with you Creator.. I can relate to these lines a lot.. Totally, one of the best posts from your pen..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this post Rachana..but then life has just begun...a lot remains to be experienced..to be seen...depends on what one wants in life.. people who say they made lot of compromises and regret have most probably gone after materialistic success..at the cost of inner joy... I recall having decided when I was 22..no compromises..no change of road to reach early...people would ask what is your goal..and I would say..to stay on the road and keep walking..and then enjoy wherever I reach..and benefit is that I am able to see my footprints laugh along with me.. yes, moments of pain would arrive in different shapes and figures..but no, my state of mind never got affected and that's when I wrote..Pain in my heart does not mean I am not happy... compromises in life , or sacrifices in life are alright but they can only be defined as leaving something better for something good.. leaving something good and joyous for something bad and painful is not sacrifice but foolishness....PASSION OF PRIORITIES.. enrich the life.. a sure difference in being rich and enriched.. you have hit the nail on the head.. Haven't I flowed..but then your writes have often made me flow..because..all said and done..such wise writes at this stage of the journey only tell about what could be in store for the world through the flow of your pen...

    I invite you to read this post here:

    http://rameshsood.blogspot.in/2010/12/wounds-vanished-bruises-got-erased.html

    Your comments would be very encouraging.. RS:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It have a long story and a series of incidents. I came across to some of my friends and people who in the introduction or simple talk they said 'I have made lots of sacrifices in my life to reach this place or my family have made many compromises for me.' Somehow the emotions they are trying to send me to feel is may be misunderstood by me. Instead of feeling sorry for them or having a sympathy I rather feel not feel sadden for what they are saying instead want to feel proud and happy to see their achievement. Since I cannot express my disappointment I agree with them with half heart. I like to know the struggle story, the tough times and turning points of ones life. However, I cannot tune myself to feel first sorry for them & then switch to feel glad for their glory. I wonder who does not go through difficult times. Everybody does in certain way in life. The battle is always similar. It's exactly like if I say I do lots of hard work and say only truth. Perhaps who does not do hard work and not say right. Yet everyone have their own tough moments to prove. Some go through really a rough patch of their life. I acknowledge this. But regarding everything as a heroic sacrifice is not acceptable to me in some cases. May be it's only about the words. The words echo like sacrifice and struggle. Do you ever realise both these words bring such a strong impact. I think often words not just describe the depth of words but a person's attitude towards life too. I shall feel glad if the person says, see what I have achieved despite tough times, I was strong and I sailed away all worries and struggles smoothly! I would be so happy then. As far as I'm concern, at a very early age I learnt and have stick to that 'I shall never choose the compromises. I beat the compromise by 'accepting willingly' any change on any path of life!!'

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last line says it all.. we are what we are product of passion in priorities.. so true..
    maybe jsut before we chose something we can give it a thought but then the whole idea of LIFE will go away and we will spend more time in thinking rather then doing ...

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well said. That is a mature thought and am glad you have it in you. Sacrificing is wrong and those who gloat over them are even worse. You will definitely be happy in your life, because you earn it and know it :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to leave a comment...
YOU Comment, I shall Follow You Back..
Hope U enjoy going through Humming Today

Love Unconditional!
Be Unconventional in the Willfull Way..
CELEBRATE LIFE..


Know more about me