Aristotle said "Change in all things is sweet". But the way these days Climate is changing all around the world it have become the major concern to worry.note : BLOGADDA -picked this post as Spicy Saturday Picks
This year, 2009 we have observed recently a sudden severe flip-flop of climate in India. This sudden unnatural climate change was not at all estimated by the weather man. A severe drought in almost all the parts of India and then followed by very heavy rains and floods are the chronological results of Climate Change that takes place all around the world. It is believed that India has witness the worst drought year over the last two decades. Indeed, it’s an irony that on the other hand states like Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Maharashtra floods set to break 100 year Record in floods.
- Oil Plastic Can: I mostly buy my household things in bulk. Hence, always get big plastic cans of oil. When the oil is finished in the can, I wash the can properly and with the heated knife, cut the Oil plastic Can in such a way that can be reused. Look at the below picture! The oil’s Plastic Can is used to keep all the big Spoons and different ladles together.And I am proud to use it.
- Cold-Drink Bottles: We often buy many bottles of cold-drinks and mineral water. When used mostly people throw them. But I cut them and reuse them to keep various things like set of knifes, set of pens, set of combs or for just keeping coins. I also use them to keep certain food items.
- Juice Cartoon: The juice cartoon is recycled in such a way that I use them as small box to segregate things to keep in the drawer. Look at the below picture!
- Plastic packets: The empty plastic packets of the Rice are cleaned, cut and opened as a sheet and used as the cover-sheet for keeping certain things.
- Grow Plants to save our Planet: Because I don’t have a garden in my home, I make sure to have few plants in pots at home. To plant and care a plant is the greatest satisfaction and serve my urge to contribute to the Nature.
- Switch-Off: I always make sure to switch-off the light and fan before I leave home. And as far as possible try use the natural day sunlight, by keeping the windows wide open.
- Close tape: I keep my water tape closed while brushing my teeth. Though, I’m bit generous using excess water in the kitchen but I’m sure I shall overcome this habit soon.
- Shopping Plastic Bags: The plastic bags given by the shopkeeper while shopping are reused as the dustbin bags to throw the wastes.
- Print Less: You can also try and create paperless habits or prefer to use both sides of the page.
- Plan Trip: I plan and try to clump my things and trips before going to the market. This helps to conserve the fuel.
- Cooking Rules: Avoid keeping the hot things inside the fridge directly. Save the energy by letting cool-down first. Cook food in the pressure-cooker to save fuel. Cut the vegetables into small pieces to cook them quickly. Cook food covered in the vessel.
- Donate old clothes: When I get my wardrobe old, I give it to needy. Also use few shredded clothes as the kitchen towel or duster. This is a beautiful way to do charity and save precious energy.
In my own little way I have contributed few posts to the environment. The Links are as follows:
- Gulp of Joy or Hook for forest Habitant
- Elephants - Turing point of longest trunk
- Missing Royal Tiger - National Park India
- National Park India - Encounter with the Tiger
- Butterfly Park - Emotion of hue
I have always supported the concept of Recyle to Save earth, I felt I should perhaps add a post about Blog Action Day 2009. Today, 15th October, is “Blog Action Day” which is an annual event.
Sounds like a great idea where all the bloggers shall unite to write on the same topic with the endeavor to speak their minds but on the serious note it’s a different pattern.
It gives chance to concentrate in talks in building up concrete innovative ideas to tackle the global issues. It’s the high time to promote and propagate the message to conserve, create concern, care and control the Climate Change to serve the community of flora and fauna.
- Let’s create a safe and secure world for the generations Next.
Go Green and Save our Planet!
This post was referred by BlogAdda - the week of 24th October, 2009.
Spicy Saturday pick. Click here or the image to read the info and related List on BlogAdda Site.