22 June, 2010

My Childhood Memories - Invincible Incredible Bond

The Colors Magazine’s site contest to “Show your best” choose this post as the Winner for the month June.Enjoy Reading!
This post in dedicated to the Indiblogger contest, "Jiyo(Lively) Life Moments Blogger Contest!"

I thought of many-many hundreds of moments and situations when I truly felt like this moment was an ultimate and nothing better could have been. Hence, I ended up thinking and only thinking...counting but not able to choose any of that one or foremost moment from the series of bliss and care!

~ But few days back something unusual yet appealing happened with me!
Which shall be cherished for some longer than other moments…for it is attached with a long old story something like, "Alice in Wonderland" ...perfectly on personal track, truly an absolute way back but still lingering the urge!!

Consider this post as a long one…but I bet! You won’t find even a bit of the word boring…and will connect with my memories instantly!
~ Vouch my words and memories..and let me begin from the start…
+ I wish to initiate from the specific foundation of the typical era when the computers of the first generation were actually introduced in this world and perhaps in India.
It was around Year 1993 , and if we actually go through the history, we will find that…
This was year, when
  • “Fifty World Wide Web servers are known to exist as of January.”
  • “Microsoft releases Windows NT, Microsoft Office 4.0 and MS-DOS 6.0.”
+ It was time; all about the new bag, new Tiffin box, water-bottle and who possessed best stylish pencil box and a pencil with a delightful tiny eraser on the top of it in addition also raised eyebrows in excitement. It was about that strange smell of the new books. It was all about those crisp pages glued together from the sides. It was about the new fascinating name stickers of Disney and super-heroes. It was all about writing the names in beautiful hand-writing penned down on every first-page of the new note-books…100pages (HW) Home-work Notebook and 250 pages (CW) Class-work Notebooks :))

It was all about the new diary provided by the school. It was about filling the first-page of that diary with personal details and get parent’s signature too.

+ It was about the craft, cuts, colorful papers and sticky gum bottles.
+ It was about lending scissor in the craft class to friends.
+ It was about growing a gram/chana/lentil in the ice-cream cup as a science project. It was about making the "igloos" with the cotton during summer break as project work for (SST), Social Studies Geography subject.
+ It was all about preparing the project-works but submitting on the last date of submission.

And latter Year 1994:
  • “YAHOO is created in April, 1994.”
It was all about the colorful charts..larger than life picture contributing to the "fun-fair stall". It was about watching our seniors dedicating songs for their teachers and classmates at chore. It was about the satin ribbons and blowing balloons. It was also about wearing colorful dresses on this entitled day.
+ It was about the rainbow life, soaked shoes in rain-water and free flowing ecstasy. It was all about the rich multi-colored Raincoats and beautiful vibrant umbrellas shared with best friend.
+ Enjoying an exceptional treatment and humming happy birthday rhymes sung to celebrate the birthday. It was all about the sweets distribution among class-mates and teachers.

Year 1995:
  • “The dot-com boom starts.”
  • “Hotmail is started by Jack Smith and Sabeer Bhatia.”
  • “The first version of Internet Explorer, Microsoft Internet Explorer 1.0 is introduced.”
+ This was the era when we were kids and I was a kid.
+ This was when we were introduced to computers in the school first time.
We had out of the ordinary “25marks” exam and which almost whole class attained to get full marks, interestingly the only exam where the whole class would top with ease!

I must have been in class, three or four specifically.
This was the early childhood stage in the school making the first few close friends too. Crafting some friend-groups with certain outlandish names and being happy to posses around the best-friends.

+ It was all about throwing the school bag on the floor and running straight into the play-ground on friend’s call. Coming back home, doing our home-works and again late night bag-packing from the timetable for the next usual day in school.
+ Polished our shoes only when our mom actually insisted to do, other wise managing with the dirty shoes by rubbing at the back of the legs with the socks.
+ Forgetting to take art-book or color box and standing outside as a punishment. For the one who was least interested in drawings or painting enjoyed this session of standing outside the class and planning another mischief of the day for the class.

+ Sitting in the class room but looking outside the window…a chalk hits the head thrown but the teacher and realizing that a new chapter was all started.

~ It was indeed the best-time of any child!
Though being in that phase, we always dreamt and were so charmed to see and to be grown-up soon. Perhaps, we always used to wonder, why we are in school, why we study and why we have to gives exams to prove!


~ my most memorable childhood memories ~

Year 1996:
  • Google is first developed by Sergey Brin and Larry Page.
+ That was the time, we used to have this strange connection with classmates playing “Statue and over…till the third period…” It was all fun and work all shun.
+ It was the time doing exercises (MPT) on Saturdays morning assembly and wearing White uniform with white canvas shoes.
+ While stretching work-out, we bent and jumped and followed by making fun of each other.
+ It was about being caught to have not worn the badges and belts as the part of the uniform. And there were few as king view's, kept the belts and badges in bag and showed the monitors only when got noticed.
+ All the time we looked each other’s chubby faces and giggled for nothing.
+ The best competition we could ever have been about how a girl or a boy was superior to each other in all terms. It was about the fighting and making up soon with friends. It was all about sharing Secrets and the Tiffin food at the end.

Year. 1997:
  • The dancing baby becomes one of the Internets first fads. The dancing baby is a short 3D animation of a small baby wearing diapers dancing. It was first created by Michael Girard later it on a CompuServe forum as chacha.avi.
  • Intel Pentium II is introduced on May 7, 1997.
  • Bill Gates is now the world’s richest businessman.
+ It was the time we joined the "Scout and Guide" forum.
Attended the Sunday extra classes and learnt making different knots with the single rope. Performing the dumbles and reciting poems. It was when we all were dumb yet aspiring to be expert in all.

+ It was about the chocolates, toffee and cream biscuits packets we relished during the “Independence or Republic Day” celebration.
+ It was when we ran faster than the other in the race to be first on the "Sport’s Day" celebration.
+ It was about preparing the skits and plays for the “General Activities period” in school for enhancing the extra-curriculum activities.
+ It was about singing in group and yet forgetting the lines and dumb staring the faces. It was about the announcements we made on arena as a chance to remove our stage-fear in "Morning-Assemblies".
It all about who’s best hand-writing was in the whole-class. It was about who could learn and recite the poem in front of the entire mass. It was about the fear of report-card day...comparing the marks and grades.
It was about the joy for being published in the "school magazine" and getting the certificates and achievement gold-silver medals.
+ It was about the “School Annual day” celebration, when we all wanted to participate but only few of our mates got selected. It was the excitement of wearing the peacock’s dress and flaunt in the dance of the Annual Day hunt.

It was being known as primary-section of the school.
+ It was about asking permission let in the class, “May I come in Madam..”
+ It was about the charm that we all wanted to be “Duster Monitor” and be known as responsible dude. It was all about comparing the heights and standing in the straight-line. It was about hating to sit in the first bench when every-week the turn came. It was all about running here and there yet control the feet in the corridors when principal noticed. It was about the payment of the fee and getting back the receipt.
+ It was about the "picnic" we together had. More than the destination it was the journey by the bus that made us all so excited which still fascinates.
+ It was about the sound of murmur teacher had while counting heads..it was all about the shouting smirk pitch “Present” that what captured the split second.

Year 1998:
  • Google is founded by Sergey Brin and Larry Page September 7, 1998.
Perhaps, all it became a sweet-memory for me.
It was when my father got transferred to a different land. New place, New school, new teachers around..but I missed the faces which were so familiar and sound. I wanted to go back to my old school. But that was not practically possible. Perhaps, I then understood now that I have moved on to a new place…Practically not possible to be back…I shall prefer to dream and recollect all the memories in my mind.
I knew, I was grasping a trait from an Elephant, for memory was clumping even the tiny tint of details and moments that have influenced my life-moments essentially!
Year 1999:
  • IBM introduces the first Microdrive, the world's physically smallest hard drive capable of storing 170MB.
  • Microsoft releases Internet Explorer 5.0 in March 18, 1999.
As I was growing up, it was time when phones were not that popular.
Mobils was something like a wild idea to have in future…! Hence, there was no short service of messages (SMS). There were only inland letters and envelops enfolding the messages.

~ I could not be in touch with my pals and all my old stuff…But I was moving on with a never dying hope to see them again. Though it was almost next to impossible, I wanted to be friends with them all over again. Now that I was far but my feelings were quite close to heart…I knew this falling in the name of old school shall bring back the entire group in due course of time binding the souls.

Year 2000: (Y2K)
  • Computers continue to work and the world doesn't come to an end on January 1, 2000 as some feared might happen because of the year 2000 bug.
I got busy and busier in new place, new culture and new life amendment..it was then, being friends with new one was not that complex issue. But somehow..I JUST knew that I was still much hooked in the old time…the old rhyme..
So I learnt then that I need to “MOVE ON..move on with the memories
The memories of old school and friends always brought smile on my face…I knew this was the urge for which I shall move on and my spark shall never go in vain. I took my childhood crush curing memories as an inspiration and aspiration...

~ I moved on with a series of miracles and tiny tales within.

...childhood inspiration is the
back-bone of all my strenght and long tales
I write..
For that every smell of flowers I gave to teachers while greeting,
For every scribble I made at the back of my book,
For every line I drew with pencil in the text-book,
And for that every little and large, together the laugh we shared,
Fought and shed tear and then happy again..
For every sharpen tip of the pencil
For every mis-spelling erased with a sweet scent eraser..
For that touch and giggle in lunch break together
For the names studded with pointers on the wooden desk
For the fun, happiness and excitement
For that every tiny detail of mango trees around, notice-boards, walls of old school, swings, sand and play-ground..

+ I shall relive and revive to rebuild the love we shared.
+ I shall revisit the memories and rejoice forever the moments I care!

Year 2005:
  • Wondering and Wishing
Almost everyone of my batch of school days must have more or less completed their graduation. I was doing my MBA and expected them to have made there own glittering history some where.

Yes! Those chubby cheeks were still at the back of my head. I never thought of them (my friends) changing even a bit. I thought those guys must have been still wearing same half-pants and girls playing same old “Statue” game.
I had no wild idea..where they all must have headed..but I in the core of heart only gave a silent prayers for their well-being and happiness.

Year 2006:
  • My heart still pumped harder.
I had this strange rush into my blood-stream. I could not believe that some where my silent prayers were heard in outward appearance of technology.

It was ORKUT for God’s sake!!
+ The ugliest thing I had ever seen.
+ It brought the tears and pain back.
~ The sweet memories we no more sweet but were sweeter.
I found my old school mates…right one after the other in the row of the friend’s-list.
I found their latest pictures and was completely stunned and bowled over their appearance. They were no more so called chubby, but they had this very childhood charisma that I could not resist sending the invitation of joining the friend-list. There were few who remembered me and welcomed my lure. For there were all others whom I remembered but could never seize that courage to start the conversation.

But I was Happy!
In fact more than happy to see them booms at every stage of life. I watched their profile for hours trying to accept their new groomed and grown-up images but it sheer so difficult. Only few looked the same..rest all running being the style and fame :P

But then physical appearance dint made much difference for I knew they all have moved on just like me in their life. But sure I wondered, but how many were still there who have “Moved on with Memories” like I did. It was difficult to judge or conclude for we added each other in friend’s list but could never approach to ask.. “Do u remember….!”

It was like we asked, “How are you…?” following the reply with revert basic question, “I’m fine, how are you?” Our talks started and ended right then, but the irony was we were still friends in the “Friend’s List” of public domain. So sad :(

~ Year 2010:
  • High-tech is the word of these days.
  • World is the Village.
People from domestic region or far distant and over seas connect with so much of ease and clarity.
+ Time have surpassed everything but not the memories of the school.
+ For that little child we still enfold in you, tempting to have fun and alluring mischief we had in school.
Orkut is NOW outdated. The one who wanted to be friends are friends now others all acquaintance with some old connection of common friends.

I have been for some long on Facebook, yet another friend-ship site.
Moreover I’m on Facebook because its hip and people call it cool!
Yep! I thought the same and deliberation to join it only to be familiar with farm-villa and other games.
+ Yes! What a pity indeed!!

But then because I was blogging and had so many blogger-bonds, I made myself more at ease in sharing links and doing all literature stuff, until that day!

It was a day (17th.June,2010) when I thought to share my school class-group picture with them. I wanted my blogger and college friend's to know my inspiration, my back-bone strength of all the long tales I wrote in my blog and other forum.
It’s the enthralling memories of childhood and especially the spellbinding moments of my school that captivates my heart and soul completely everytime ponder upon!
To my utter surprise…I found more than plentiful comments within an hour. And miraculously all the comments were pouring in from the school friends. Everyone saying “Remember that….”… “O! How cute we look together..” and so on…

I almost toppled down the chair looking at the unexpected amusing response for the same people, who were in the friend’s listing always but never spoken!
~ We here were sharing all that we shared together and missed after all.
Indeed we all moved on with the memories. Amazingly, we all had our bit of own story attached with every one of us…and soon other few more friends of the same class, displayed their collection of pictures too. The comments crossed all the limits just like the sensex bar upshots.

+ All of the sudden the nostalgia cloud covered our mind.
+ We all started checking frequently our facebook updates.
+ Only aim to know who more have joined in the discussion board.
~ We all had that common emotion exploding after such a long time.
This was a time where many of us had made new marks in careers and family bonds.
+ Of course, now each one of us was assuring that we are still the same, not been at all changed…and over the years missed so much in between. Can we meet ones again!? Hang around and share with new beginnings, for we are now old enough and can a handle criticism and accept the appreciation with grace. We have grown up, are mature and responsible at the same. Sure every one of us looked more bold, bright, brilliant and blissful in observation! We had well establised our unique traits.

And for the one who never talked and only observed…it was a chance again to share a word, amaze with new skills learnt and accomplishments captured and compliment each other!

It is sure the time to share.
This time we friends are not because of the common friends we have or we support the common group forum...We are here to share the memories, the thoughts, ideas, feeling, emotions and enduring friendship bonds in the name of our common school name and our individuality parade.

Years just ran like a rabbit!
But here we are together NOW to celebrate the NEW!
+ Rejoice and relive again the memories and childhood triumphs.
~ The memories of marvel always travel.

Interestingly, still I know it would not be that effortless or easy to meet up all of them for we all stay different places and have been tied into different time zones but sure I think if got a chance
I won’t hesitate even a bit meeting and hugging them!

~ Yes! This time the hesitation is gone!
I feel like never parted.
I feel like knowing them all so well as always.
I feel like we can start fresh right where we are and knowing each other’s world more.

It's about having one life.
Just one life. It's about making the most of it.
Every craving minute and every slipping second,
it's about living the best,
living with the best people around
the family and the finest friends/buddies
(Gems of GREMS)!
Caring and sharing together.
Indeed this is the moment for which I have been waiting for so long and for it is my most memorable Jiyo Life moment!
~ Everything is finite and so specific moment are so perfect.
~ Yet the memories are infinite and so stunning every time pondered upon.
+ I realized Live dreams are good but Living the Dreams is actually great!
+ Though forever is not quite a rational term but what if this moment could last forever..!

But one thing is certain and absolute;
If you carry your Childhood with YOU, you never Become Older.
_Tom Stoppard, British playwright.

Note:
  • This post is not particularly for the contest. It is just the co-incidence. But what a beautiful co-incidence indeed, that I’m able to project and display memories. And flaunt my affectionate love for you all (GREMS Gem) on the public forum!
  • The computer era facts are taken from this esteem link: Click here
  • GREMS is the Name of my school of which I'm actually dedicating this post!
  • This one is for you too, the presious Gems of GREMS :))
  • It has been fulfilling beyond words for me to get in touch with you all again :) "Perhaps, it's only words and words are all I have..to take your heart away...(Boyzone-Words) ;) "

~ Keep the spark ALive..

13 comments:

  1. no words for this great job,U R real Gem from GREMS and we all are proud be a part of GREMS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Madho

    Thanks Madho! So glad that you visited this page and liked so much this post!!

    ~Keep the Spark ALive..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Pankaj

    Thankyou Pankaj!
    I know this post is really long...you took time to read it as well as made an extra effort to comment as well is highly commendable and encouraging!


    Thanks so much!
    Keep Visiting:)

    ~Keep the Spark ALive..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trust me it is a very nice blog and I enjoyed every word of it.
    I only wish it was a bit short, instead

    ReplyDelete
  5. dear osome,really felt as if i am still de student of GREMS.de days when we use to enjoy during de assembly nd classes.nd i still remember de day when u departed from GREMS.IT WAS OUR last exam nd u gave all de class surprise treat of vanilla cup ice cream.u were really very sweet.u always use to call me kanyakumari.remembered...really nice blog.tumne sabko apne school din yaad dila diye.
    really even i luv my school days de most...miss u all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. dear osome,really felt as if i am still de student of GREMS.de days when we use to enjoy during de assembly nd classes.nd i still remember de day when u departed from GREMS.IT WAS OUR last exam nd u gave all de class surprise treat of vanilla cup ice cream.u were really very sweet.u always use to call me kanyakumari.remembered...really nice blog.tumne sabko apne school din yaad dila diye.
    really even i luv my school days de most...miss u all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Chowla Sir

    Now that you said that it was along post...will you believe me if I say..I'm Speechless now!:))

    So so happy to know that read such a long post...and enjoyed every bit of it!

    Yeppii...I feel so so happy...actually while writing it..I was actually reliving that student life and was completely mersmerized by the beauty I have actually enjoyed in childhood and never realised it then..Today I definiltely miss a lot those days and I'm so happy that you could connect with the words and with my memories :))


    ~ Keep the Spark ALive..

    ReplyDelete
  8. //It was about filling the first-page of that diary with personal details // now i am becoming reallyyyyy nostalgic...
    this is such a beautiful post... we don't need reasons to rejoice life... :) its these moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the coffee during the sunrise...

    Thanks for the chai during sunset...

    i liked the way you have mixed the technological evolution and personal life in such a beautiful manner...

    Thanks for the biryani too:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Extremely well written. The inclusion of the the internet years and the posts alongwith, brilliant stuff. I will share the link of this post on my facebook page.
    "keep the spark alive :)"

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow!!! this was bloody brilliant... pardon the word... but it did give me such an effect... loved it.. came here 4m lena's blog... congrats 4 winning... this post sure does deserve one... :) kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. n yup jus now - while scrollin up did i realise tht the post is actly "long" - but it doesnt feel so when u read - it keeps u hooked :) very well written`

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to leave a comment...
YOU Comment, I shall Follow You Back..
Hope U enjoy going through Humming Today

Love Unconditional!
Be Unconventional in the Willfull Way..
CELEBRATE LIFE..


Know more about me