07 May, 2011

Rain Dance


SSince morning I have this feeling, today something will happen, something good or somewhat different. Something like a wish, somewhat like wining! 'Maybe it’s the cool crisp fresh breeze, or maybe the light is too bright today or maybe the cloud just above my room window makes silly shapes teasing me...Ahhh...maybe I’m just acting crazy! And sometimes I really do!' I shrugged.
Sometimes we do get such utter urge, isn’t it!
Doesn't it happen to you ever?
I do occasionally get such pining feelings. It’s such a strange curiosity. And when I have inquisitiveness for certain clueless thing I get introduced to the bunch of thoughts to ponder upon with appealing ways to recreate live motions. It's so easy to get drifted from the lively real world into the virtual wonderland.

Sometimes, I feel void of emptiness. I then find myself staring through the window for hours. This window-pane is where I dwell-in most of the time. And most of that time defines and further of this moment sometimes even redefines me. Indeed when things turn blur I see more clearly!

Suddenly a phone rings.
My parents call me. They went to some social gathering and want me to join them soon in the party as ‘he’ will be coming. I was almost ready to leave for the party to join them. But now knowing that he has come I think, I should wait for him at home. So I told my parents that I cannot make it for the party, as he is coming.

Yeah ‘He’...!

‘Please no! I don’t want to go anywhere! Please don’t send the car!’ I said in a small voice to parents.
‘In that case we will be late...okay be at home, eat food!’ My parents curiously instructed me, 'As if I never had been home-alone before..' I murmured giving a mischievous grin!
I was so excited. Be alone and act like a princess, play my entire silly pranks. Sum-up more amusing stimulation around mirror! I can try wearing that new sari which my mom bought recently. I always do that, when she is asleep or gone out.

Between I’m sure you must be wondering who is, ‘He’!

Well what should I say...we are made for each other absolutely.
It all started long back ago. And it’s been almost a year I have not seen him. And each day after he leaves everything turns so lifeless, even my mind which usually keeps humming-hopping here and there never focusing on one thing gets so motionless!
He comes to be with me once a year, stays for time being, and then disappear suddenly. It’s been like that since who knows when. How can a love story last this way? Someway it does! How can I take it? Somehow I do!

He barely accepts the gifts I bring for him. Yet he has this passion to pamper me with beautiful surprises. Often gifts me an emerald dress, always a bright jade dress, and bouquets of delightfully airy flowers. I think it’s the flowers that make me forgive and embrace him so strongly. There are no carnations or lily from round the corner florist. He gets blossoms which are wildest rarest sweetest fragrant flowers for me. Actually he treats me like one of the juvenile Alice in Wonderland! So he in his own little enchanting way creates for me one of its kinds of magnificent magical world.

Alas! As I have not yet told this to anyone except only acknowledging my own feeling for him. Irony is even he have not proposed me in a formal way yet...maybe I’m too young to think all this. But I love that exclusive treatment from him...he makes me feel so special so elegant! Moreover all I know, he is my best friend. Since I believe ‘Best friends bring out the best in you’...perhaps he does, in all his little gifts and concern for me. Right now, I can only wish if he also falls for me the way I do for him. ‘We will dazzle the town together’...I chuckle!

Now that I know ‘He’ is coming I want to do something special for him this time...ahh for us, I guess!
Best presents are surprises!
Maybe today I'll tell him how it feels!
Maybe tonight I’ll tell him how its staring stars in the cloudy night!
Maybe I’ll tell him, ‘you know why and why not!’
Maybe I’ll be waiting only to say, ‘Yes! I told you all!’
Maybe I'll tell him more than just a lot more!
Maybe I won’t tell him but would wish to sigh contentedly gazing at him, a little more for a while!


Since it’s weekend and my homework is all done...I can completely enjoy my time with him. I rush to the kitchen, start with making coffee. I take a tall table to stand upon to grab the box of biscuits which mom kept at the top-most shelf. Opened the box; picked my favorites chocolate biscuits and few orange-flavour biscuits to suit the mood.

...I keep looking through window if he has arrived  with my own reflection on the
window-pane..
Time slips, turns and just flutters away.
Coffee unhappily sipped up and leaving only few broken chunks of biscuits in the tray. I keep looking through window if he has arrived with my own reflection on the window-pane. But no sign no hint so far.
I will wait for him no matter how late he comes this time but I will wait. I was determined. I recited many times, yet following my inner tranquility.

I hear some sound and a slight light passing through the edge glass of the window. Looks like, he have arrived. Here, I hear his husky tone. I’m so excited. I run towards the window-pane to get his fleeting looks.

‘Oh! He looks so stunning!’ I excitedly breathed in.

...I can sense him from distance too.
He is so charismatic in his words, in the flow of conversation we often have!
Wonder which cologne he uses...he smells so earthy so captivating!
So many a times I have shared my secrets, my little plans, my aspirations with him. The tête-à-tête never comes to an ends with him at all.

And certainly I haven't forgotten that last time when he came we even danced together. That was the best moment of my life and I wish to see replication of sweet memories. He did play a slow tempo song with groove which would never, ever end.

And just when he holds me in his arms, I don’t want to let him go ever. But he has his responsibilities, his duties and I respect him for that. Best thing is his nature. He merges with every thought and mingles with everyone around with ease.
And no matter how much hard work he does he take time for me in a while and still looks so refreshed.

No wonder I overlook all my troubles looking at him...tussle like getting up early for school, studying late-nights for exams and those silly school friend’s fights.

I still want to dance with him again standing on his feet.
Wish to have another walk, another dance with him, another one more time hide and seek game, sit facing the breeze with him on the front steps of home and leaning together by the window-pane talking endlessly about everything!

And within moments he is there almost...
staring into my deep eyes, sliding deep into my soul...whispering something sweet into my ears.
Silence occupied. I didn’t blink even ones. It was like a dream reliving.
I knew he was like a guide to me!
He would guide me to pursue my inner-will.
This moment, this willowy love, comes to rest in me. I settle down my urge, my thoughts, my words, my confusion, my worries and even my yearning gracefully. Oh! Yes! Ever since childhood I have a crush on him.

Ah..I still need to grow up...please don’t remind me! But I so much love him, I swear!!
I’m nevertheless so glued to this window to keep my eyes peering over him. I love the way he moves, so swiftly with so much of spontaneity yet with self-assurance.

‘You look so happy today!’ he reads my mind.
His finger tips on the window-pane and so as mine...a virtually mingling..
‘I wish I could touch you..ahh this pane’ I read his mind.
Standing astound and my soul reaching out of the window for him!

This time he is here and I’m at home waiting to see him, hear him, feel him, and touch him. I move my fingers to touch him but uhh... just can’t get closure enough right now due to window-pane. But sure I get this beautiful thought of peace staring at him...even if there is a distance...I don’t mind at all, his presence belongs to the eternity.

Everyone was off in their own little worlds, resting up after a long day. I being a little lost since morning needed him too. And a heavy storm outside not letting up yet.
I open the door to get his clear glance. The heavens renew their force and we meet.

'Ahh! I’m not a diva. I’m not even a charming girl!' But miracles do happen with me sometimes.
Here I saw him and his whole faithful face came to life!

His humble presence, his sacred perfume, his gentle touch takes to far distance of love destination distinctly. Slowly softly little by little I was having more of him. The cool air on skin made me shiver slightly but I shyly embrace him. I closed my eyes and the breaths come in sharper gasps.

He holds me, I giggle just as he tickle. He ran a finger down my neck smoothly dripping by my finger. Something in me laughs just as I say this, someone dazzlingly chuckling to sync with my giggle softly. And he hardly has this idea how badly I like to be with him. At this instant shaking his head and soaking me in the sweetness turning into rain-infused skin! The mud from the ground joins together, staining my frill skirt, fusing my feet too.

He is so much down-to-earth that for this moment he comes on the earth from the above and beyond as an answers to my prayers, dwelling in heated clouds, fighting with thunders and lightening only to linger with me often sometime gets lost in mud again flowing here and there. He told me then ‘I cannot spare a moment now spreading delight everywhere, but only to see a smile on my little princess face, I come!’. He came with green carpet dress and fragrant flowers ahead.
‘Oh! I missed you whole year!’ I proclaimed with a deep sigh!
But the party have just begun for me now...and watching you is what I only crave.

I’m grateful to him as he comes because each drop has been sent for me as a guide from beyond.
"Dancing with him, MY love rain...I just feel like dancing with you dear rain...ones again! Ah! Let it rain!"
“Dance in the rain! Dancing for the rain! Dancing with rain! My Rain Dance!

I had to hold back tears as he left.
I had those silly goose bumps and perceived,'That’s the kind of love and affection I hope to have in my life to adore'.

Indeed, true love is an emotion where you want to be a reason for happiness of the person you are in love with! And romance is one of its expressions of love. It’s neither just physical nor just romantic. It’s quite a combo of both the best sync and zing. I get connected with him with ease. And the physical entity just over rides the bonding we share. I love him because...just because! Ahh... ‘Just because’ is the general-list of reasons!
However we exchange emotions beyond all the reasons and above all the seasons!
I redefined the love my receptor the rain in the interpretation of evolution.

Unconditionally completeness is inevitably for I was born for him in September *rainy season*...my first teenage love-quote!

I stare those dazzling delight droplets over the window-pane...the earthy perfume waft towards me, tickling my nose. I gather my sweet memories with him. Glancing up in cloudy sky through the glass-pane, I see him still there and watching me as well.

I’m so fallen for him...I know he will fall for me too someday!
That day I will rejoice my date with the Rain!
For each drop have their story to celebrate, let me conserve one drop!

And just as a best pick up line goes, 'I never liked the rain until I walked through it with you’...
Hmmm... ‘One really needs to soak up the feet, drench a bit and get liberated to oneself with Rain in oneness’ my unscripted line goes!

Sometimes you really need to see things through another's eyes before you can truly appreciate the blur-scene behind window-pane with dripping rain drops, shimmering sentiments!!
I jump down in joy sliding into a splash to dive into drops of Rain to dance!


Note: * Firstly I want to thank each one of you for reading this post, since I do know it a long post! Hope you liked it!
**And this post would not have been complete without one of my friend's support. Thank you for bringing the spark alive as always!!

15 comments:

  1. Hope you had a good time with him - "the rain".I too love dancing in the rain.
    yes, I checked the link ,it's working properly.Thanks for informing though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rain! The most awaited season for me. Getting drench with friends and dancing brought back the good old happy memoirs.
    Wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rains...Ah! I'm awaiting them...dunno when will the shower pour...absolutely loved your post Rachi!

    In love with rains all the more..but I'm one of those who dance in the rains ;)

    Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachana, I am wordless.. I dunno what I can type.. God..

    "He must be 'Someone Special' for her", and I promise you that age is not a matter if someone love is true and if it stands for ages..

    He must be really sweet Rach, She must a lucky girl, and 'Just because' you wrote this awesome post I became wordless..

    Aww.. I want to dance now.. Oh Rain God, please rain now in Bangalore..

    I love this post so so so so so so so so much Rach..

    and thanks for your encouraging comments on my post work and also for appreciating my efforts.. Thanks thanks thanks...


    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaah... nice change of mood for a change. Best post I have read so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm quite speechless. I knew I was here to read a masterpiece even before clicked, and yes, it truly was :) A breath of fresh air, it is.. And I could feel the raindrops through your words. Very nice!

    All the very best for BAT, Rach!

    My Blogaton Entry

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the above comments..yes ,I am speechless too .Well written

    ReplyDelete
  8. mind blowing:)its awesome... love conditionally and magic unfolds itself... :) hands off..


    Heart Beats

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it the best date ever? Rains. I remember having a small convo with you on rains... And now that i read it, my love for rains has reborned... Love this absolutely...
    Thanks for sharing it on my wall. You made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. it hummed like a sweet tune to my ears.. :)
    Loved it :)
    Awesome post..!!
    Long back i wrote something similar on my blog..
    "When I looked into her eyes, the veils of intellect, shame and modesty mingled into an ocean of an unknown, which my heart deciphers today as ‘Love’, a feeling of laying out for no reason, for no gain and still gearing up for any pain. "
    Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a flow, what a feel!!
    At at end of your post... i m humming, Rim Jhim Rim Jhim song...

    ReplyDelete
  12. In love with rain...well, everyone loves rain, if they don't then something is really wrong with them. By the way, nice one. I thoroughly enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is quite a wonderful sort-of stream-of-conciousness piece. I enjoyed it. Thanks! A nice contribution to Blog-a-Ton.

    ReplyDelete
  14. NICE I LOVED READING THW WAY U WROTE.....

    .I keep looking through window if he has arrived with my own reflection on the
    window-pane

    NICE

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dance is a fun activity and I really like rain dance a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to leave a comment...
YOU Comment, I shall Follow You Back..
Hope U enjoy going through Humming Today

Love Unconditional!
Be Unconventional in the Willfull Way..
CELEBRATE LIFE..


Know more about me